Lodge History

Vernon Lodge No. 560 was Consecrated in Bromsgrove on 11th July 1849 under Charter from The United Grand Lodge of England. It was Consecrated as Clive Lodge No 819. It is assumed that Clive Lodge was named after the local dignitary the Hon Robert Henry Clive of Hewell Grange, grandson of the famous Clive of India. The founding Brethren were members of St John's Lodge No 348 and Lodge Semper Fidelis No 772.

In 1856 the Lodge was re-located to Dudley and renamed to Vernon Lodge as approved by the Provincial Grand Master, RWBro HC Vernon. In 1865 the Lodge was re-located to Stourport and by 1877 had been re-numbered to 560. In 1931 the Lodge re-located within Stourport to the current rooms, which have since been extended to provide a good home for Masonry in Stourport.

 


 


 


 

countercountercountercountercountercounter